PLAYMOBIL EARNS 22 AWARDS DURING 2012 HOLIDAY SEASON
Playsets Recognized For Creativity, Quality by Esteemed Parenting and Toy Councils
CRANBURY, NJ (January 14, 2013) – PLAYMOBIL USA is proud to announce several of its playsets were honored during the 2012 holiday season by top-tier media outlets and esteemed parenting organizations. Nearly 10 playsets received recognition this year, with two breakout products - the E-Rangers’ Headquarters and the Take Along Soccer Match - topping the company’s list of award winners. “Our team of developers and designers adhere to the highest standards in creating quality, imaginative toys that generations can enjoy together,” said John Skrajewski, Vice President, Sales & Marketing for PLAYMOBIL USA. “As a result of their efforts, our products stand among the best in the industry, and we are thrilled about the honors we’ve received.”
The E-Rangers’ Headquarters, part of PLAYMOBIL’s Future Planet line, received ten awards alone and was named one of the Best Toys of 2012 by the prestigious Good Housekeeping Research Institute. Among other honors received by E-Rangers’ Headquarters include the American Specialty Toy Retailing Association (ASTRA) 2012 Best Toys for Kids Award and the Seal of Approval from the National Parenting Center.
The Take Along Soccer Match, a portable game with interactive features, has received four awards, including honors from the Parents’ Choice Awards, Oppenheim Toy Portfolio and FamilyFun Magazine. Other playsets that have received recognition this year include the Princess Fantasy Castle, My Take Along Pet Clinic and the Stone Age Cave with Mammoth.
“The honors for PLAYMOBIL this year demonstrate that even in a technology-driven society, quality, open-ended, creative play toys are still relevant and important,” Skrajewski said.
The complete list of award wins includes:
- ASTRA Best Toys for Kids (Pretend/Fantasy Play Category): E-Rangers’ Headquarters
- Creative Child Magazine (2012 Top Toy of the Year Award-Action Toys Category/2012 Playset of the Year Award-Playset Category): Take Along Soccer Match
- FamilyFun Magazine (T.O.Y. Award): Stone Age Cave with Mammoth, Take Along Soccer Match
- Good Housekeeping (Best Toy Awards): E-Rangers’ Headquarters
- Oppenheim Toy Portfolio (Platinum Award): E-Rangers’ Headquarters, Princess Fantasy Castle, Pirates Ship, Take Along Soccer Match
- Oppenheim Toy Portfolio (Gold Award): Car Ferry with Pier
- Parenting Magazine: (Best in Play): E-Rangers’ Headquarters
- Parents’ Choice Toy Awards (Silver Honor): E-Rangers’ Headquarters
- Parents’ Choice Toy Awards (Recommended Seal): Take Along Soccer Match
- Play on Words (PAL) Awards (Story Telling/Pretend Play): My Take Along Pet Clinic, My First 1.2.3 Knight’s Castle, E-Rangers’ Headquarters
- Play on Words (PAL) Awards (Top 10 Award Picks for 2012): E-Rangers’ Headquarters
- Space Age Awards (Best Cosmic Space Toy): E-Rangers’ Headquarters
- The National Parenting Center (Seal of Approval): E-Rangers’ Headquarters
- Toy Industry Association (TIA) TOTY Awards (Specialty Toy of the Year Nominee): E-Rangers’ Headquarters
- Toy Insider (Spring) Travel Toys & Games and Nature/Educational Toys: My Take Along Pet Clinic
- Toy Insider (Fall) Preschool Toys: Princess Fantasy Castle
About PLAYMOBIL INC.
PLAYMOBIL, Germany’s largest toy manufacturer, is headquartered in Zirndorf, Germany and has been producing and distributing toys for more than 36 years. The company distributes its toys in more than 70 countries and employs more than 3,000 people and has subsidiaries in the United States, France, UK, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Italy, Greece, Northern Europe, Spain, Canada, Mexico, Austria and Switzerland.
PLAYMOBIL USA toys are distributed in more than 2,200 stores nationwide including the FunPark play center in West Palm Beach, Florida.